Wednesday, July 11, 2012

It Doesn't Take Common Sense to Know.....

It Doesn't Take Common Sense to Know.....

I am new to the blogging world and obviously I am getting into the game pretty late. I am just so frustrated these days about everything that is going on in the world and this country. I cannot stand by silently any longer. I know that one of the most futile things that a person can do is post there opinions on the interwebs and expect them to make any difference at all. Well everyone else seems to be doing it so, why not take a sip of the proverbial "cool-aid".

I am not a particularly smart person nor do I consider myself to be a particularly experienced one either. I am 22 year old unemployed fat guy who lives at home with his parents. I guess that makes me part of the 99% of bloggers. What I do have though is an immense amount of built up frustration about the opinions of people around me. It does not take an advanced political science degree to notice or point out that this country is immensely polarized in its opinions. Either you are a conservative republican or a liberal democrat. Now that is all well and good, but this is the real world and things don't exist in black and white. Is it not possible to live somewhere in the middle? Is it not possible to look at both sides of an issue and determine which one is the best? I find it very difficult to find people who think the way that I do. That does not mean I am smarter, or more educated. I just feel that it makes the most sense to look at something for what it is and not look at something with a lens of party, politics, or religion.

Is it possible just to look at something with pure unadulterated common sense. Not common sense because my political party tells me to think like that. Not common sense because my religion tells me to think like that. Finally not common sense because the people around me tell me to think like that. Common sense in my opinion these days is the most uncommon thing you can find.

Finally to the title of this blog. "It doesn't take common sense to know" is something that my father has been telling me since I was old enough to comprehend. "It doesn't take common sense to know that when something is hot you shouldn't touch it." "It doesn't take common sense to know that if you don't do your homework, your not going to get good grades." So following the tradition of my father everything touched on in this blog will be prefaced by the phrase "It doesn't take common sense to know". For example some possible future blogs "It doesn't take common sense to know that you should treat others the way you want to be treated" or "It doesn't take common sense to know that people are stupid". No topic is off limits and no story is too small. Stay tuned because this should be fun.

Written by: Salvatore Pezzino Jr.
Edited by: Julius Motal













No comments:

Post a Comment