Thursday, July 26, 2012

It Doesn't Take Common Sense to Know...These People Need As Much Help As They Can Get.

It Doesn't Take Common Sense to Know...These People Need As Much Help As They Can Get.

Now I feel this is strange and to be honest I don't know why I am doing this, but I was really touched by this story. Its not only a moving story but its one of those "only in America" type deals. 


Caleb Medley is an up and coming stand up comedian in Aurora Colorado. Sadly he was shot in the face last week during the "Dark Knight Rises Massacre". He has already lost his eye and is currently in a medically induced coma. His pregnant wife luckily escaped and has happily just given birth to a baby boy. Caleb is showing signs of progress but is not out danger yet. 



That brings me to my point. Caleb and his new family, because they are uninsured are looking at a two million dollar medical bill when he eventually wakes up. I am not going to go on some political commentary for or against the medical system, insurance companies, or Obamacare. These are just simply people who need help and there is a campaign right now to help mitigate there medical expenses. A website was setup by their friends and so far they have raised over three hundred thousand dollars for  Caleb's medical expenses. Please at-least take a look at the links below and read the story for your self. If you can donate please do and if you can't please pass the story on to everyone you know. Trust me when you read the story you will understand why this is so moving. I know that this post is only going to reach a few people, but hey every bit counts and if five of the one hundred of you who will read this donate something then its totally worth it. 


















No comments:

Post a Comment